DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR EXTREMEMEDICINEEXPO.COM
Expedition Medicine and Leadership Limited (“Expedition Medicine”) understands the importance of keeping the information about you confidential and secure. As a result Expedition Medicine has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our commitment to protecting the privacy of our users.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Expedition Medicine and Leadership Limited of Thorncombe Barn, Fore Street, Thorncombe, Somerset TA20 4PP. Our data protection registration number is Z5698938.
The policy (together with the Extreme Medicine Expo Website Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Information we may collect from you
Expedition Medicine may collect and process the following data about you:
When booking one of our expeditions you will also be asked to provide certain other information in relation to your medical history, including any pre-existing medical conditions. This information is requested and required due to the nature of the expeditions on offer via the Website which can be physically demanding.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site extrememedicineexpo.com (the Website). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Expedition Medicine may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our Expedition Medicine website and the resources that you access.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders. Specifically:
- When you make a booking for one of our expeditions via the website booking engine you will be asked to provide your name, postal address, email address, telephone number and credit card number and expiry date. This information relating to financial transactions will be collected and held by Expedition Medicine and Leadership Limited whose registered office is at Thorncombe Barn, Fore Street, Thorncombe, Somerset, TA20 4PP (company registration number 04612648)
Any information or data not held or controlled by Expedition Medicine under the terms of this policy is not the responsibility of Expedition Medicine and as such Expedition Medicine is not responsible for its security and/or storage or the way it is used.
How Personal Information is used
The Personal Information Expedition Medicine collects will be used for a number of different purposes including:
- To allow Expedition Medicine to process your booking and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow Expedition Medicine and its medical advisors to assess your medical suitability in respect of the types of expeditions offered via the Website;
- Marketing – see “Marketing and opting out/in” below;
- Customising the Website and its content to your particular preferences;
- Notifying you of any changes to the Expedition Medicine Website of the services which may affect you; and
- Improving our services
The information or data registered via Extreme Medicine Expo Website are not made publicly available.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Expedition Medicine may disclose your personal information to:
- Medical practitioners and service providers in both the United Kingdom and overseas
- Insurance companies
- Our service providers and outsourcing partners to perform various functions on our behalf. Such functions include processing travel booking, fulfilment of your shop order or providing elements of the Expedition Medicine course booking
- We may also use your data, or permit carefully selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods or services which may be of interest to you. Such notification will be by email (unless you have opted in to such a process see “Marketing and opting out/in” below)
Keeping your Personal Information Secure
extrememedicineexpo.com has security measures in place to protect the user information registered on our systems. These measures include restricted access to databases containing user information.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Marketing and Opting Out / In
Expedition Medicine may wish to provide you with information about special features of the Website, offers appearing on the Expedition Medicine Website and tailored products that we think may be of interest to you. Unless you have asked us not to do so, Expedition Medicine may contact you by email about special features, offers or products appearing on and sold via the Website.
Expedition Medicine will not sell your personally identifiable information to third parties unless you consent to the disclosure of your personally identifiable information by email here.
Except as set out above or as may be otherwise agreed, Expedition Medicine does not publish, share, trade, sell or otherwise disseminate any of the information or data registered or provided to us to any other party. Expedition Medicine and any of the aforementioned parties may, however, be obligated and are entitled to disclose information and data registered or provided to us in compliance with applicable law, court or arbitration orders, judgements awards or other legal processes served or in compliance with requests by any entitled authority, body or person or to protect the interests, rights, property or Expedition Medicine, our users or others.
By submitting your information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy. If we change our Data Protection and Privacy Statement we will post the changes on this page, and we may place notices on other pages of the Expedition Medicine Website, so that you may be aware of the information we collect and how we use it at all times. Continued use of the Expedition Medicine Website and the services contained on the Expedition Medicine Website will signify that you agree to such changes.
Expedition Medicine may collect non-personal information such as IP addresses during your visit to the Website in order to improve its products and services.
Use of ‘Cookies’
The Expedition Medicine website does not use any Cookies
Sale of Business
If this business is sold or integrated with another business your Personal Information may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser and their advisers and be transferred as part of the relevant sale.
You may update, change or opt for removal of information registered at extrememedicineexpo.com by contacting Expedition Medicine (use the ‘Contact Us’ link on the website to locate your local Expedition Medicine office and its contact details).
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Contact Expedition Medicine
We welcome your views about the Expedition Medicine Website and our Data Protection and Privacy Statement. If you have any questions or comments about privacy, the use of this Website, or your dealings with this Website you can contact:
Expedition Medicine | Thorncombe Barn | Fore Street | Thorncombe | Somerset TA20 4PP